WHAT WE DO.
Welcome Home provides:
- A comfortable, well maintained 4 bedroom home
- Support through trained staff and volunteers
- Partnerships with local hospices who provide professional care
- A place of support and community for those in need
- Assistance with applying for appropriate benefits for residents
- Education for students and the community regarding the discussion and care around death and dying
We do this by:
- Working with local hospices to provide in home medical care and support
- Investing in and benefiting from partnerships, friendships and guidance from local groups, agencies, churches and synagogues, neighbors, universities and hospitals. Together we build relationships with residents and one another to impact and improve end-of-life care in Chattanooga.
- Requesting that residents pay on a sliding scale for room and board. Funding is also provided by fundraising, donations and grants, as well as in-kind, for-impact gifts.
- Ensuring that we are good neighbors and a benefit to the neighborhood and community around us, as well as good stewards of our resources.